Thursday, November 02, 2006


A retrospective look at the season which was.
There's a cold southeasterly breeze that not only aids the colorization of leaves, but blows them off the trees quicker than usual. This year has been different than all others, though I always take on a feeling of familiarity when I first feel the breeze. Sure, it's a very traditionally festive time of year looming ahead, full of holidays, basketball games mixed with important football games, a little less summer brews and more seasonal drinks such as say...Bailey's, and of course, riding snow. But, when the breeze first hits my face, I can't help but experience a sentimental emotion when I must face the realization of the summer (and early fall) coming to a completion. I know, it's a pretty pathetic method of frankly stating that I'm going to miss disc golf, although I am much more of a summer person rather than winter. Another phenomenal summer season is over, and the Old Mund's Highway Disc Golf Association (OMHDGA) has been through some memorable highs, and unfortunately, a few regrettable lows. The record was challenged multiple times, though I'm slightly relieved to announce that my -12 round still stands as the golden mark. We said goodbye to an old friend (Nate Vaca) and hello to a new one (Curtis), had a few injuries here and there, not to mention having to weather a few large storms. All factors culminating into a fantastic, memorable summer. Next year if we can manage to get a few visitors from Utah, S. Korea, and a reunion tour with Nate Vaca, I'm sure we can rewrite the book of a good disc golf summer. But this eminent breeze tells a story of the past several months; the many experiences within them; as well as the friends I was able to experience them with. Vaya Con Dios, Nate. (And for the last time, get yourself registered so you can post comments and vice versa)

4 comments:

Catinlap said...

You make it sound so sad...where's your balls, man? We can still play in the cold.
Just kidding; I know what you mean about the feeling that summer is officially coming to an end. You're welcome at The Wilhem for some Utah pow this winter, and next summer we should have the Old Mund's and Solitude Challenge.
Peace.
Word.
Paragraph.

Swamp Crotch in AZ said...

Actually, you're right about playing in the cold. Not exactly great scoring weather, but one time I remember teeing off on 1, and by the time we finished a foot of snow had fallen. I'm not sure what was funner, playing disc golf or watching everyone bite it.

As for the Wilhelm/Mund's invitational, something definitely needs to take place soon. No more lip-service.
Sounds gross.
I know.
Sorry.

karmaking1111 said...

Cool pic, sad post. I'm curious about the mentioned injuries. Did someone fall off Aligator Rock this year?

Swamp Crotch in AZ said...

Randy had a shoulder pop out (one of those recurring things) along with an ailing knee. Nate cut his finger on a branch, I had a severe head injury (which I incurred working - 5 staples to the noggen) Pat, fortunately, was a stoned wheat thin most the time, so no injury to report for him.